Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bloomers!!

Tessa Bloomers - Marie Madeline Studios
Divided skirt. Culottes. Skort. Bloomers. They're all one and the same: a pair of big, loose fitting pants that looks a lot like a skirt. Just the thing for active little girls!
Tessa Bloomers - Marie Madeline Studios
Great for climbing trees!
Tessa Bloomers - Marie Madeline Studios
Or getting down to see nature up close!
Tessa Bloomers - Marie Madeline Studios
Or just sitting around and being cute!

I will add that my daughter selected her own fabric, from the line Gypsy Bandana. There are so many cute prints in this line, but "Sari Blooms" in green was her favorite! The pattern is from www.mariemadelinestudios.com - their Tessa Bloomers which come in a huge range of sizes! This was a FAST, EASY pattern. Really fast, maybe 90 min or less if you have all your stuff organized. I added about 3" to the length for Miss Legs, also I did french seams everywhere I could. All other seams were zigzagged to finish off

I think a pair in white edged in eyelet would be a great pair of "pettipants" for under skirts! A mama-sized pair may be the answer to my cello-playing skirt wardrobe issues.

No comments: