Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Red - your closet's best friend

What's my favorite color? Red!! Besides using it everywhere in my home and in my art, I love it in my closet. Dorothy was on to something with those snazzy slippers in Oz. Every woman should own a pair of red shoes. And, as I've recently discovered, every woman needs a red hat. Or two!

A vintage soft pillbox for looking prim and proper, and a big floppy red sunhat for those high-humidity, crazy curls type of days.

What is it about wearing red? The woman in the red dress. Red nails. The perfect (and albeit elusive) shade of red lipstick. It's just the thing for these long, gray winter days, don't you think? Feeling down and need a shot in the arm? Toss on a red scarf or cardi. You can't half-heartedly wear red. Maybe that's why I love it so; I've never been one to do things halfway!







1 comment:

Twinfibers said...

I love it! You look so cute! I was just thinking about knitting something in red, too. Maybe it's just that time of year when I crave something more colorful than just all the white snow I see outside!