Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Christmas items in the works!

I know, I know. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. Give the Christmas stuff a break, lady! I can't help myself - the crisp air and constant desire to reach for a sweater get me thinking about Christmas. And a few fall craft shows have given me the opportunity to test out a couple festive items.

Pom poms!! I love their bright burst of color! I was inspired to make some ornaments from them, using leftover poms from this project....


Pom garlands!! Aren't these fun!? Christmas red and green is so limiting, and dull. For the biggest holiday of the year I think we need all the COLOR we can get, especially in the darkest part of the year. I keep thinking of all the fun ways to use this garland beyond Christmas - birthday parties, summer grill-outs, New Years Eve parties.... See what I mean? I've had these garlands at a few places and it is always the CHILDREN who run up and love to touch and play with them. One little girl promptly wore hers as a necklace! I love it! 

These ideas have been around the internet awhile, so I finally had to try them. Let me tell you, they are a cinch to make. I'd love to show you how... Which brings me to an exciting announcement.....coming in a few days!! Keep you posted!!


No comments: