Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Instant Gratification

This little baby quilt was a much needed dose of instant gratification, both for a quick project AND for some burst of color in these gray January days. One charm pack of Verna by Kate Spain for Moda is in there, plus some bits of Kona solid. Of course I forgot to measure this! Approx 30x40"? I'm still debating what I should use for the back.... order more Verna fabric, buy a coordinating solid, or use some bright turquois Minky-type stuff I have on hand??

Verna baby quilt

It's become very clear to me that I can whip up quilt tops faster than I can finish them. My bottle neck is the quilting. I don't have a good foot for my machine yet to do this. Put that on the Valentine's gift list, right?

Verna baby quilt

These tulips are among my favorite designs in this line! I'm ready for spring!!

2 comments:

Margaret in VA said...

I just use my embroidery foot...but that means no straight lines! One of these days I'll purchase a walking foot. I really like those fabrics - a lot of happy colors.

Twinfibers said...

adorable! what a perfect baby gift!